Attack of the Crawling Lily from splattergrits on Vimeo.
I think I say things like this a lot, but babies sure do grow up fast! I really can not believe how much Lily is growing and changing. This has been a big weekend for change.Josh and I spent a big part of the day yesterday researching and shopping for a "big girl" car seat because she is quickly outgrowing the other one. We've also been buying her some new "advanced" toys, as she is finding the old ones boring. In the last few days she has started going from her belly to sitting up all by herself, scoots everywhere she wants to go on her tummy (see video!), and is eating finger foods!
This morning, I went in to get her up and found her standing in her crib smiling at me and bouncing! For the first time this morning she also clapped her hands and said the equivalent of "yay". We sat her in the floor and she scooted over and pulled herself up on the couch to look at us.
It is crazy, she is doing so many new things every minute! She has started using a bit of baby sign language, is quite mobile, and even seems to understand "dada" and "mama". It is incredibly fun to see her learn so much. I have a feeling the next few years of watching her little brain soak everything up are going to be a blast!
P.S. Thanks Auntie Star for the babylegs, they are protecting her knees from floor burn!
:D
ReplyDeleteShe has the prettiest wide eyes!
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable! I especially like the shout-out to the kitty :) xoxo
ReplyDelete