Monday, June 13, 2011

Schools out for Summer!

It hit me this morning. I woke up and realized I didn't have to go to work! (Well, I did have to go in for a few minutes and sign in, but that hardly counts!). Words can not express how excited I am about this first summer with Lily. We are going to have so much fun.

At one point I got a bit freaked out when I looked at my plans for the summer. Between travel and summer school, my calendar was already full! This first week off is quite busy as my friend Star is coming to town and we are going to VA for my nephew's second birthday. We also have some plans to go to visit our family over the July 4th weekend and an Ocracoke trip the first of August. It's all very fun stuff, but I was feeling my summer slipping by too quickly before it even started!

Thus, I went back and forth about whether or not I wanted to teach summer school. I've taught the past three years, and actually really enjoy it. It's good money, good hours (8-12), and a good opportunity for me to get to know my upcoming struggling students. At first I had signed up to do the whole month of July, but started to feel remorseful and proposed my teaching partner teach half. I wasn't sure if the school would let us, but everyone agreed! Thus, I only teach the last two week of July. That gives me a full five weeks free (give or take some vacation)!

I can't wait to to take Lily to the pool, to the museum, and to hang out with all of her little friends! Not to mention having time myself to do things around the house and hang out with my friends! It is going to be quite lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment