Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cravings

People ask me frequently if I'm having any strange cravings. During the first trimester I had a lot of food aversions. I couldn't stand the smell or taste of broccoli, and lots of other things grossed me out as well. Now that I'm well into the second trimester, the cravings have begun! Luckily for baby and for my waistline, I've mostly been craving fruit.

Watermelon has quickly become my absolute favorite food. Too bad it's a bit early for watermelon season! I've still been buying overpriced quarters of melon from the store. I've been eating it for breakfast, with lunch, as a snack, with dinner, and for dessert. If no one but me eats it, and I ration it, it will last two days. One day last week some friends stopped buy and gave us a quarter of their left over watermelon. God bless them, it was wonderful!

So, for those of you wondering, yes, I'm having cravings. Mostly for watermellon, but almost any sweet juicy fruit will do!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great craving to have. When I was pregnant with Kayla I craved ALOT of fruit and carrots. Maybe it is a baby girl thing!
    April

    ReplyDelete