Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's a GIRL!

My 2nd trimester ultrasound was originally scheduled for this coming Tuesday, but because we had plans to come home this weekend for Josh's dad's 60th birthday, we moved it back to Thursday. I have to admit that we were both pretty sure it was a girl and I was, despite my original hesitation, dying to find out if we were right.

It was such an awesome experience. It was good to have our speculations confirmed as our little girl was definitely not modest, but it was even better just to see her. Even though I can't feel it yet, she was really swimming around in there. I am amazed by the technology that allowed us to see the blood flowing to her heart and spine and to check her brain and other organs. She measured exactly the right size for her due date and everything looked wonderfully perfect!

This weekend we have been in Pulaski telling our family the news. They are all super excited. Now my parents will have a grandson (Hillary's son Jesse) and a granddaughter. Josh's family hasn't had a little girl around in a really long time, so they are ecstatic. Now we just have to figure out how to limit their pink and purple purchases! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment