Something strange has happened to me. I have lost the ability to plan for the future. By the future I mean both short term and long term. I guess this is because I really have no way of knowing how I will feel or what I will want to do later today, much less next week or next month, and God only knows what next year will be like!
Yesterday, Josh sent me a chat asking how I feel about going to a DMB/Zach Brown Band concert in D.C. in July. At first, my response was of course, that sounds like so much fun! Then Josh reminded me that I'll be seven months pregnant at that point. Oh yeah, I forgot! What to do? I may feel great and really want something fun before the baby comes. Or, I might be hot, fat, and exhausted and not want to leave my house. I told him to get the tickets, and if I don't want to go, he can take a friend. Don't start lining up...I still hope to go!
There are lots of future plans being made around me right now. I don't know how to take part in them. I just do not know what my life is going to look like. Part of this is scary, especially for someone like me who loves to plan, but it's also sort of an exciting adventure!
Be excited that you don't know ;D
ReplyDeleteAnd can I get in line for the tickets. Just kidding. I do suggest you do something fun with just the two of you before the baby comes. I think they call them babymoons. Maybe you need to take a trip to Florida. :D
do everything as a couple you can before the baby comes! you'll have tons of fun after, but it's a different kind of shared fun! i found my calendar from the year Simon was born the other day, it was filled right up until April 3, his due date, I had nothing on it after that because who knew what we'd be doing, but it was funny to see.
ReplyDelete