Friday, February 3, 2012

Time Keeps on Slipping, Slipping, Slipping...

Can I just say that the months seem to be flying by. I have been so sick since before the holidays that I didn't have the energy to do more than survive. Now that I'm finally all well (thanks to finally giving in and taking some good antibiotics), I find myself super busy with all of the preparations for Jack. Thus, what follows is a brief, overview, blog post to sort of catch up with where things currently stand in the Hall house!

LILY
Unbelievably, my little darling is now sixteen months. She seems to be growing up so fast and changing every day. She has a whole vocabulary of words now, her favorites of which are, appropriately, mama, dada, hi, bye, baby, and kitty. She also likes "boo cue" (for Blues Clues) and "ish" (for goldfish), some of her favorite things! It is quite nice that she is learning how to verbally communicate her needs, but she is also quickly developing a strong sense of her own will! We have a had a few minor tantrums and attempts to escape her car seat, high chair, etc. On the whole, though, she is a pretty well behaved young lady and I consider us blessed by that. She is really quite good at listening and seems to get pure joy out of our celebration when she does what she is asked from pointing to her ears to picking up her toys.

J
ACK
Jack, and therefor mama, is growing rapidly! I can tell already that he is a squirmy ball of boy! At thirty-five weeks, I am starting to feel seriously huge. My midwife says all of my measurements are right on track, but she also commented on how low he is, I feel big, and people keep telling me I look like I'm ready to deliver any day. I'm not totally sure how to take that, but I have to admit that I am not sure I think I'll make it another full month. Who knows, though, he may be late like his big sister. I am, however, starting to seriously get ready. I worked hard today to get things at school to a state where I wouldn't be embarrassed for sub to come in. We've got quite a few clothes for Jack, courtesy of some very generous friends, and even bed linens. Those are all washed and ready. My sister is coming this weekend to bring his crib and I think we may go ahead and get the pack n' play and car seat out and ready. I have to admit that thinking about labor and delivery makes me a little nervous (those memories are still sort of fresh), so I'm trying not to think too much about that part. I am getting really excited to meet him, and bring him home, and see how Lily responds to him.

Things in the Hall house are busy, but I think they are about to get really interesting! :)

P.S. These photos are courtesy of a photo shoot with my amazing friend Star a few weeks ago. You can check out more on facebook! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look super cute Mamie! Praying for you guys through this transition. It definitely has it's ups and downs during those first few months and it felt like Nathan aged 3 years after we brought Lydia home. One of the best blessings though is that first time you see and hear your two children making each other laugh, and then you realize what a gift you've given both of them by giving them a brother/sister.

    ReplyDelete