Thursday, February 23, 2012

Update

I feel bad about this, but I just haven't had time to blog much lately. Life is crazy. So, in favor of making sure things don't slip by unnoticed, here is a update!

A friend is born! - On February 7th our dear friends Jon and Kelly welcomed Carter Preston to the world! I am sure that he and Jack will have many fun years of torturing Lily or following her lead to get in trouble!

Final Preparations - Final preparations for Jack's arrival are underway, such as they are. It's amazing how much less I've thought about things this time. We don't really have a bed set up for him, but I did get the pack 'n play infant napper down out of the attic so we are ready to install it. I washed the car seat cover and Josh put the seat in his car. I have things set out, although not packed, for our hospital bed. We have one pack of newborn diapers and some clean newborn clothes. Today we got our new monitor, which is awesome! Sarah is on high alert to get the midnight call to keep Lily, and our doula is on standby. Still, with all of that, I don't think it's totally sunk in that he could be here any day. I've had lots of contractions, so I don't really take them seriously. I guess he'll come when he's ready and we'll have to be ready when he comes!

Lily - I'm not sure if Lily has any idea what she is in for. When introduced to little Carter, at first she wasn't very interested. Then, she wanted to rock him in his seat. We may have to work a little on being gentle. :) Today she got a new book today called "Big Sister Blue" which is about when Blue (from Blues Clues, which she is obsessed with) becomes a big sister. She has made "baby" one of her favorite words, which is cute. I have to admit that she is so sweet and fun lately that I'm struggling with feeling a little sad about the fact that I'll soon not have as much time for her as I like. I pray that it'll be easy to find a balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment