As we begin a new year, I find myself in a rather reflective mood. Josh and I have had several conversations lately about just how blessed we are, and we are super blessed. We have both have good jobs. We have a nice house and cars that run. We have plenty of food to eat and amazing friends to share our life with. We have a wonderful family that makes the holidays a fun and relaxing, not stressful, time. We have an amazing little girl and a, hopefully equally adorable, little boy on the way. Our marriage has survived the stresses, strains, and tests of almost nine years, and our bond feels stronger than ever. We are blessed!Last night we rang in the new year with a small group of friends discussing the high points of 2011 and our goals for 2012. I honest had a hard time coming up with a high point from 2011. It was a tumultuous yet in many ways wonderful year as I struggled to figure out how to be a good mother, teacher, wife, daughter, friend, and person. I wouldn't say I figure it all out by any stretch of the imagination, so my goal for 2012 is to, rather than worrying about it and being caught up in all of the "work" of life, take time to enjoy each moment as it comes and savor all of my blessings!
*I found this resolution by Bishop John H. Vincent online and find it quite beautiful. Maybe I'll put it somewhere to read everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment