Saturday, December 24, 2011

Seeing Santa

It seemed like a rite of passage. It seemed like something we HAD to do. It was a bad idea. It made me feel like the worst mother ever. Yep, we took Lily to see Santa! The realtor who helped us buy and sell our house is Santa during the holiday season and has free visits and photos for his friends and clients. We didn't go last year because Lily was really tiny and it was cold and snowy the night of the event. This year I insisted, against Josh's now obviously wise resistance, that we had to take her. We both hurried out of work so we could get her changed into her Christmas outfit and get there in time. When we go to the church where the event was held, Lily was happy and playing with some other waiting children, but as soon as we entered the room where Santa was she suddenly became terrified. She refused to even go near him without screaming! We ended up holding her with our backs to Santa while he peeked in and we got a few pictures. I wish I had know that was the back up plan because I would have fixed my hair and made Josh take off his hoodie. Oh well...maybe next year...or maybe we'll wait a few years before trying again!

2 comments:

  1. Her face is telling the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and santa looks creepy! he's photo bombing your family picture, and lily is none too happy about that!

    ReplyDelete