Did anyone notice that I changed the blog title a while back. Did anyone notice the "S"? Yep...it's true, we are expecting another little Duckling! We found out on June 30th. I had been a few days late, and told Josh I thought I might be pregnant again. I think we were both a little surprised. Don't get me wrong, we know how this happens, and we knew there was a possibility, but we just didn't expect it to happen so easily and so quickly.
In our past experience, we had to really work at getting pregnant. I think in some ways we thought you really had to have perfect timing and be very intentional. Turns out...that isn't always true. Not to be too graphic, but, honestly, there were very few opportunities for us to get pregnant, if you get my drift.
At first I think we both were in shock. I'll admit that I was a little upset. I think that most of my fears related to loosing Lily as my baby. I was afraid that I would start to change how I feel about her. I hear this is common among second time moms and have been assured that it is totally possibly to love two as much as I love one!
Now we are starting to get excited. I know it won't be easy to have two little ones, but I also think it will be great for Lily to have a close in age sibling!
P.S. you may have notice that the blog was rather sparse in the last three months. Turns out I've been writing some posts, but just couldn't share them without giving away baby #2. I've published them now if you care to go back and read them.
(clapping) That is wonderful! I am SO excited for you!
ReplyDeleteVery excited for you both!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! What a blessing.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! When are you due?
ReplyDeleteBig big grin :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's officially out. I can't wait to meet #2.
ReplyDeleteSo awesome!! I DID notice the "ducklingS" !! I immediately thought 'she's pregnant again'. Yes, love expands beyond measure! Not only will you love this new baby as much as Lily, you'll see Lily in a different way too. Siblings are precious with each other!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteyay yay yay yay yay!!
ReplyDelete