Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Leaving Lily Part 2

At Thanksgiving we left Lily for the first time, with her grandparents, while Josh and I went to a movie. It was nice, but stressful. Being away from her is an interesting thing for me. It can be very freeing. Just this past Sunday Josh watched Lily in the morning while I went to the grocery store and then took her with him shopping while I made dinner. It was really wonderful. It was so much simpler to go to the store worrying about getting her in and out in the cold. It was also nice to clean and cook without having to keep checking in on her or entertaining her. That day, being away from her was freeing because I knew she was safely with her Dad who loves her and knows how to take care of her.

This coming weekend, however, is another story. Josh's band is playing the cocktail hour for a wedding of a friend of a friend and I just found out that I'm invited. Normally I would be excited. It would be a fun way to spend an evening. With Lily, however, it's a tough decision. I know that Josh would like for me to go. I know that it is just a month before I'll have to leave her all day (that's another post). I know that I should probably go. Still, it has been stressing me out. I asked one friend who I knew I would trust with her and who I know would take good care of her, and had just started to feel comfortable with that situation when I found out she had other plans and couldn't keep her.

I think it is all worked out now and I've found two other friends who are going to tag team and keep her. I know for a fact that they will take good care of her. I know that they both know how to take care of a baby. I know that she will be fine. Still...it's stressful. Do all new mom's feel this way?

1 comment:

  1. I have a one year old, and I know exactly how you feel. Even when you are leaving them with trusted friends and family, it's hard. I will tell you though that each time you do it gets easier. You also have to remember that it's good for your marriage to get out once in awhile. And also remember that it's a real treat for people to get to watch your baby! :)

    ReplyDelete