Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Hall Family Christmas Card!

Did you know that those photo Christmas cards that everyone sends are expensive! Since we didn't send out birth announcements, I was really excited about making and sending Christmas cards this year. I set up a photo shoot in our guest room and took pictures of Lily in all of her Christmas outfits. I put together an extensive list of over a hundred people that we would want to send a card. I went online and researched the different companies that made cards. I was shocked at the prices. The cheapest I could find the cards was around fifty cents per card. Add to that the fact that stamps are forty-four cents per card and that gets quite expensive.

For those of you who don't know, Josh is quite frugal. He balked at the idea of spending around a hundred dollars to send Christmas cards, so we got creative. We realized that you can print 4x6 photos for ten cents a piece at Wallgreens and buy 4x6 envelopes for ten cents a piece at Staples. By using Josh's amazing Photoshop skills to create our card we were able to cut the cost of our cards almost in half! Below you will find a sneak peak of the Hall Christmas Card 2010! Check out that cute baby!

2 comments:

  1. That is exactly what we did last year too in years past we even did postcards printed on cardstock (stamps are cheaper!) Photoshop and frugality are my friends: http://themarvelles.blogspot.com/2009/12/happy-holidays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is beautiful! I can't believe you did that on your own!
    Melissa Hatch

    ReplyDelete