Thursday, November 11, 2010

Feeding Lily in Public

Today was the first time I had to feed Lily during an outing. Sure, we've gone to friends houses and I've fed her there, but that is different. If it's just girls, I have no problem baring my boob, and if there are guys around I use my nursing cover (hilariously called an udder cover) or her blanket. No big deal. Today, however, my friend and I were out at the mall and not planning to return home for a while, so I had to find a way to feed her.

I probably would have been fine sitting on a bench with my nursing cover , but Kelly suggested an even better place. The Nordstrom womens lounge. If you've never been in one of these, you should check it out (guys...get a woman to make sure it's vacant first). It is amazing. Not only is there a nice changing area complete with sink, but there are several chairs and a couch. The lighting is mellow. See the picture...it is wonderful.

I also learned today, that it is a great place to meet and chat with other moms. On a busy shopping day, it is a happening location. Today there was a woman and her mom with 6 month old twins and another woman with a three month old. While we all fed our babies we engaged in some friendly conversation about raising babies. It was lovely.

So, moms, if you are ever in need of a quiet place to nurse while at the mall, check out the Nordstrom womens lounges!

No comments:

Post a Comment