Monday, November 7, 2011

Support?

Apparently when you are expecting baby number two, especially when it's just barely a year since number one, your body goes through more physical stress. I have really been struggling lately with lower back and right hip and leg pain that are probably sciatica. It hurts some after just a normal day. If I do anything remotely physical, it hurts a lot. It's even hard to find comfortable positions to sleep in.

At my last midwife appointment she suggested I get a pregnancy support belt of some kind. I have to be honest, since I totally didn't need one with Lily, I feel sort of like they are silly. Still, having some relief would not be a bad thing. They make everything from really small and cheap ones to elaborate and expensive ones. Does anyone have any experience with one? What kind? I welcome any and all feedback!

1 comment:

  1. Used one with Eliana, especially with 12 hour shifts. Helped alot. Mine was a madela, basic, belt like with Velcro.

    ReplyDelete